Friday

january 13th

So I promised myself I'd get in bed at a decent hour but as it is already 12:30 and I'm just beginning this post, I can count that as a lost cause.

Today has been a tough day. I don't normally write lengthy blogs, but I feel the need to write down and at least attempt to decipher my whirlpool of feelings. You can stop reading at any time... believe me, I would too.

As I've been getting ready to head back to school on Saturday, I've been thinking over the past month I've been home. So much has happened... many things I didn't expect, both good and bad. I'm honestly dreading going back to school and don't want to leave the comfort of my home and family. But at the same time, I'm ready to be on my own again and see how God will use me this next semester. Funny how we can feel so many opposite emotions at once. I'm so overwhelmed with myself and all that I've been feeling... ah feelings. Who needs 'em? But through it all, God has reminded that He has a bigger plan for me. I know I don't understand it now, but everything that I'm working through is for a much larger purpose. My life may feel like it's spiraling out of control, but God's hand is in everything-- He has TOTAL control. Sometimes I force myself to stop and just repeat that thought in my mind until I calm down. Because no matter how hard I try to fix things, how stressed out I get, or how consumed I become with trying to figure out every puzzle piece of my life, I can sit back and rest assured, knowing that my life is being crafted and designed into a beautiful masterpiece.

That said, I encourage you to stop for a moment in your busy day and breathe a deep sigh of relief... because you don't have to worry! Praise God our lives don't depend on how perfect we are! Sit back and let God do the work... He commands us to cast our worries and concerns on Him, so do it! Let go and let Him.

I know I'm supposed to post a picture for today, but I'm not going to even try to define God's magnificence and glory with one simple picture. Today's picture is whatever you imagine it to be... with God, there is no limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment